A dashboard is an organized collection of visual elements. Currently, there are three types of elements that are supported: charts, tables, and chart-table combos (a chart with connected tabular data below the chart). Insight includes 2 types of dashboards:
1. Preset dashboards
These are the inbuilt dashboards that contain curated charts to answer specific questions. Currently, Insight includes the following preset dashboards:
- Revenue: how much revenue was received and what is its breakdown
- Reservations: why, when, and how did diners make reservations
- Cancellations: why, when, and who cancelled reservations
- No-Shows: information about diners who booked but did not show up or cancel in advance
- Occupancy: diner occupancy characteristics by day of week, time of day, etc.
- Online Providers: the characteristics of reservations booked via an online source such as TableCheck or an OTA like OpenTable, Tabelog, etc.
- Channels: the characteristics of reservations booked via preset or custom marketing channels.
- Forecasts: an overview of expected revenue, total diners, cancellations, walk-ins, and no-shows.
- Surveys: how did diners rate the food, service, atmosphere, and value and how was the survey response rate (data are only visible for shops subscribed to Survey)
- Upcoming: reservation counts and total number of people for the week to come (including today)
- SMS Messages: where, when, and why were SMS messages sent to diners
2. Custom Dashboards
In addition, you can create an unlimited number of custom dashboards by organizing charts and tables of your choice.