Turn time dashboards gives detailed information on how much time the guests spend at the restaurant. The turn time data comes from POS integration, as it is based on the actual time between opening & closing of a check.
Below is a brief explanation on some of the terms/ metrics used specifically in Turn time dashboard.
Median Turn time
What is Median?
The median is found by ordering the set from lowest to highest and finding the exact middle.
Why is Median shown on Turn time dashboard?
For most of the dashboards on Insight, the metrics are shown as average, however for turn time both median & average are shown.
The mean is typically better when the data follow a symmetric distribution. When the data are skewed, the median is more useful because the mean will be distorted by outliers. The turn time can vary greatly based on party size, kind of guests, purpose of the reservation etc., hence it makes sense to show not just average turn time but also median turn time.
95th% of Turn Time Dist
What is percentile? How is percentile useful?
Percentiles tell us where a score stands relative to other scores. For example, a person with an IQ of 120 is at the 91st percentile, which indicates that his/ her IQ is higher than 91 percent of other scores. Percentiles are a great tool to use when you need to know the relative standing of a value.
Hence, 95th% of turn time 122.21 indicates 95% of reservations had a turn time lesser than 122.21 minutes while the remaining 5% had higher than that.