Insight now allows you to to select different date ranges for different charts. This is useful when you want to compare a specific chart for different months or even years. For example, you can create a Custom Dashboard which consists of month-by-month chart of number of reservations via different channels.
Click here to know about Custom Dashboards.
To lock date range for a chart, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Click the three dots icon and then click Edit Element on the chart you want to lock date range for.
2. Click Dates tab
There are two date fields on which you can select the desired parameters:
- Date Type
- Use Global Date Type - This is the default selection and means that date range type selected for this chart is same as that in the Global Date type selector that appears at the top of the screen.
- Meals - Selecting this means that the date range selected are dates of the meals i.e. the dates of guests' visits.
- Created - Selecting this means that the date range selected are dates on which the reservations were created.
- Sent - Although you can select this for any chart, it is relevant only for charts related to SMS, the date range selected is based on the dates on which SMS was sent.
- Date Range
- Use Global Date Range - This is the default selection and means that date range type selected for this chart is same as that in the Global Date type selector that appears at the top of the screen.
- Use Date Shortcut - Selecting this would display the Date Range Quick selector drop-down list as shown below. Any of the parameters such as Month-to-date, Quarter-to-date, etc, can be selected.
3. Use Fixed Date Range - Specific Start & End dates can be selected here.
After selecting the above parameters you can either click Apply in which case the changes will be applied to this chart or you can click Save to... and add the chart to a Custom Dashboard.
If you clicked Apply, the date range will be shown on the chart as below.
If you clicked Save to..., you will be able to select one of the existing custom dashboards or create a new one for this chart.
The chart with the locked dates will be add to the selected custom dashboard.
Every time you now log into the system in future, the date for the chart thus added will remain the same as you had selected.