What is a POS Type?
A Type is a canonical subset of the data. POS data have two domains:
- Actual Revenue: includes historical data for actual POS revenue
- Forecasted Revenue: includes forecasts for revenue based on modeling historical POS data
What are POS Segment Definitions?
- Payment Type is the form of payment used to purchase the food or beverage such as card, cash, room, tab, etc. Sometimes multiple payment types are used to pay one POS check.
- Staff Name is the name of the staff member attached to the POS check.
- POS Pax is the total number of guests recorded on the POS check. This number may or may not match Pax for the matched reservation. Also, there are cases where POS Pax is 0 (or less).