TableCheck currently provides to merchants a cancellation protection feature, which includes the ability to charge diners prepayment / authorization holds of the menu price.
With the Partial Payment feature, we are now able to charge partial amounts for cancel protection purposes.
To opt-in, please contact your TableCheck sales representative for more information.
This article covers the following topics:
I am selling a 3-course set menu that costs $100, but I would like to collect a deposit of 20% of the menu price only for cancel protection purposes.
This is especially useful in situations where a private room / table charge is required.
I would like to charge an additional $200 for private room usage, on top of the amount collected from my set menus upon reservation.
This is especially useful if you wish to collect a seat reservation charge as this setting may be applied to menus with no price.
I want do not have set menus for diners to preorder prior to their reservation, but I want to still collect a $20 per person deposit as cancel protection.
Partial Payment can be set up in Shop settings, Sheet settings and Menu settings.
To apply this feature to Shop or Sheet settings, kindly reach out to our support team at email@example.com for assistance.
1. Select on the Menu setting located on the left panel.
2. Click on the edit button against the menu item for which Partial Payment has to be configured.
3. Go to the Payments tab and enter the settings required in the Partial Payments section.
When the modes are set together, the following result will occur:
- Menu with Price: Order Percent setting will take precedence.
- Menu without Price: Cover Fee setting will take precedence.