We are able to indicate a free text cancellation policy displayed to diners on the reservation confirmation page when prompted to key in their credit card details for reservations where credit card pre-authorizations or prepayments are required.
Additionally, we are also able to create Cancel Fee rules for the system to automatically collect a percentage of the authorized amount upon last minute cancellations as part of your cancel protection efforts.
This article covers the following topics:
1. Select on the Shops setting located on the left panel.
2. Click on the wheel icon of the shop you wish to set up your Cancel Policy or Cancel Fee rule.
3. Move to the Payments tab.
1. Place the desired Cancel Policy text you wish to be displayed to diners upon entering their credit card details here and click on Update Shop to save the changes.
2. Your cancel policy will be displayed on the confirmation page of the booking page when diners are prompted to enter their credit card information.
Cancel Fee Rules
1. Click on the Cancel Fees button to put in a place a rule of your choosing. You may put in place multiple rules by clicking the same button for more input fields.
2. Your cancel fee rule will be displayed on the confirmation page of the booking page when diners are prompted to enter their credit card information, just below your cancel policy (if any).
3. In the event a diner is attempting to cancel their reservation within the cancellation window, a cancellation fee is automatically collected based on the rules you have set.