In addition to the basic Prepay and Preauthorization payment functions which allows you to charge diners the full menu price, the Partial Payment feature gives you the option of taking payments in partial amounts through a percentage of the order total, a fixed charge per reservation or per person.
This article covers the following topics:
Partial Payment Modes
It can also be applied onto menus that do not have any price (seat reservation menus).
The following images present what diners will see when making a reservation with partial payments applied.
Partial Payment can be applied on each menu individually.
1. Select the Menu setting by clicking on the Setup wheel icon located on the top right hand corner of the screen.
2. Click on the edit button of the menu you would like to apply the setting to.
3. Move to the Payments tab to find the Partial Payments setting.
- It is not possible to set Order Percent and Cover Fee at the same time.
If both are applied, Cover Fee will take precedence over Order Percent.
- If you are applying a Table Fee to your menu item, it is advisable to add a message about the charge on your menu description to avoid confusion.